Thursday, March 23, 2006

Yeah Income Tax

I did my income tax and so I am anticipating a return in the next few weeks. I'm thinking of using that money for a new laptop. I've done some research and I read an article about this new duo processor technology. The article suggests to wait to buy a new computer because of this technology. I've had my laptop since September 1999 and the people at Dell were not able to really help solve my problem since I had to call again. My computer is working okay for now but I don't know how much longer this baby will last.
The technicians just seemed so shocked and didn't seem to know how to fix a computer so old. Maybe Dell sucks for tech support when a computer gets so old and maybe I should have someone look into my computer.
Yes I still have Windows 98.

I don't want to spend much money on whatever laptop I buy. I spent way too much for this one. I like laptops because it gives me the freedom to take my computer wherever I want. Even though I tend to keep it in the same spot, I like knowing that I can take it wherever I want.
[cut to scenes of me carrying my laptop with glee down a major New York road.
cut to scenes of me in a wedding dress with me and my laptop on the dancefloor.
cut to scenes of me having kinky sex with some hot guy and me winking and saying to my laptop 'don't I make you proud lappie!']

I don't really use my computer for much. I use it mostly for internet and email. I also use Word and the accounting program and I like minesweeper. What else can I do with this thing anyways?
I know I'm sorry oh mighty computer geeks. I'm not utilizing my computer's full potential. And now I plan on buying a computer with even more power and I will continue to utilize a small amount of its power and potential. Any opinions and advice by computer geeks on what I can use my computer for or what's a good system to buy is welcomed.

I saw Madonna's new video Sorry. Near the end there is some dance off scene and we see Madonna incorporating Yoga moves into her fighting/dancing solo. She's done this before in a prior video. As a former Yoga practioner, I think it's great to be making Yoga hip but when you do that more then once in your vidoes, it looks to me like you are running out of creativity. I enjoy Madonna's music and her work but please, you've done the Yoga thing before in your videos, we know you're superflexible and in shape. Please explore something new.

Why is pee warm?

2 comments:

RenderB said...

*Card carying member of Geeks'R'Us.* You rang? ;-)
The dual core CPU's from intel are interesting but only if you have a lot of programs open at once. Like working in Word, Excel and a database at the same time. If you don't do that kind of multi tasking it's basicly only a waste of money and more importantly power. (We want our batteries to last as long as possible after all.)
In those situations a normal Pentium M is fine.
You should avoid the Amd 64 bit CPU's. These aren't really worth having. Not yet anyway.
Btw, what's wrong with windows 98? XP is hyped to death but if you don't need it's features it's merely a bloated monster. I'll take my windows 2000 over XP any and every day of the week.

Hope that's geeky enough for ya. ;-P

Unknown said...

If you want to sell your old lap top, let me know!