Sunday, March 12, 2006

Happy Birthday Co-Creator

Today it is my mother's birthday and we went to Mandarin for lunch. I'm not a huge fan of Mandarin because I always end up feeling sick afterwards. I didn't have ice cream this time, I just had some ice cream pie dessert. I normally eat large amounts of dessert but today I didn't feel like it. I also have a tip for eating ice cream at the Mandarin. I never eat the ice cream with the ice cream bowls they supply. Instead I use the soup bowls because they are larger.
I ended up having soup and then I noticed that they offered crackers in packs of 2 so I thought I'd take some to eat for later. Every time I went up to eat I would take several packs of crackers. I now have a whole bunch of crackers in my jacket.

I also baked a cake for my mother, which is something I never do. I should become a saint. I've baked before and usually my mother and I do so together. What motivated me to bake my mother a cake? Well when it was my birthday, she tried out some new recipe. I don't remember what went wrong but the top layer of the cake was slipping and the cake was misaligned and although it tasted good, it was architectually unsound. So I complained and my mother said that when it's her birthday I should make her a cake and so I said that I will to prove that I have the skills to make an architectually sound cake unlike the one my mother created.
I'm not motivated to do good out of the goodness of my heart.
I'm motivated to do good because I think I'm vastly superior to the majority of humans and I want to prove that I can do things better.

My one friend and I, along with someone else, went out and my friend was telling me about how someone we met in Yellowknife was talking to her (as they went out last weekend) about her experience at a Biodynamic farm. This girl from Yellowknife who's in Guelph now wants to go into farming and seed making and likes the methodology of Biodynamic farms, which is an initiative of Rudolf Steiner.
My friend knows that I've been studying Steiner for quite some time but when I was in Yellowknife, no one really knew that Steiner was a passion of mine. The girl in Guelph now remembers that I was the comedian (as I do improv) and so when my friend was telling her that I know about Steiner, she was surprised. She's got one of Steiner's books.
My friend and I were discussing how nice this girl is. I didn't really know her much and only hung out with her a few times. I was telling my friend how I felt that this person was probably the kindest person I've ever met. Sure I've met some nice people in my lifetime but you could feel her kind, gentle and accepting nature very strongly. We both agreed that she was an exceptionally loving individual.

I started experiencing allergy symptoms yesterday. I started experiencing allergies 3 years ago but it started around May or the end of April.

No comments: