Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lunch time

Greetings all,

For lunch at work, I usually have lunch with the same coworker and sometimes we have other coworkers join us. Now that it's warmer out, we'll go outside to eat.

On Thursday I believe, a coworker that isn't in my department anymore saw me and said that the coworker I normally have lunch with, is outside and told me which area. I think she wanted to say 'your boyfriend' but didn't. Now how did I know this was what she was probably going to say? Well I think she caught herself in time and there was that hesitant pause and I just had the feeling that's what she was going to say. I think I gave her a brief scowl.

Now just because I have lunch with a coworker on a regular basis, that's male, doesn't mean he's my boyfriend. I'm sure some people in the office wonder but I don't care. I usually have a routine when it comes to eating and I normally like to eat around 12 o'clock and this coworker probably likes the routine we have of eating together.

It's more fun when there is at least a third joining us because he seems to be more chatty when there is a third. I personally do not find him attractive and he is not my type at all. In fact I find him to be a bit boring and sometimes I wonder if I should lunch with other people but most people where I work don't eat lunch at a consistent time, depending on their work load.

I had mentioned that I think this coworker had a thing for me, however, I could be wrong. Sometimes I just can't tell if a guy is into me or not. I think the only way I'll know for sure is if the guy throws me up against a wall and says "Paula, I want you"

I don't think this coworker is interested in me as I may have been incorrect in the first place. I would think if someone wants you, a move would have been made. As well, since I'm aware we wouldn't work out as a couple and don't feel a connection in that way, I would think men are smart about things like that and probably are aware if they have feelings for a woman or not.

No comments: