Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

Greetings all,

Happy Valentine's Day. Since I am single, it's just another day for me and I'll be hanging with my female friends and hopefully have a few good laughs.

I'm on facebook and saw that they have a multi-coloured rose gift available for $500. Usually their e-gifts are $1 but they certainly were money hungry today. How insane is that? As a woman, I would never allow a man to buy me that. It's just not sensible! They had another rose for $50. I can't imagine spending that money on something unreal. I'd be happy to get some flowers, dinner and sex. Really the sex and being seduced is what I want. Hell I'd be content with having the man write me a 500 word essay on how wonderful I am.

Screw the flowers, give me the sex and an essay on me!

3 comments:

Stephan Scharnberg said...

Ha, ha, ha! I love your sensibility.

My wife is like that: don't waste money on such illusionary "gifts". She would hit the roof if I ever brought home such a thing--not that I ever would.

Expensive flowers: it's the first thing some men reach for--maybe they feel guilty, or don't know what to give their wife/girlfriend/fiancee. They buy the expensive flowers (usually red roses or carnations[?]) and hope then that everything is okay. Mind you: I know a couple of women at work who actually expect that kind of lavish acknowledgment!

It takes commitment to try to get to know those you have a relationship with. My wife and I were happy to just share the day together: a crisp, cold day walking the seawall along False Creek to Granville Island, browse the artisan shops, food markets, enjoy a coffee and some "heart" cookies, see and listen to the street buskers and entertainers, and then later in the evening an enjoyable East Indian buffet, home for two DVD movie rentals, and a warm cuddle and sex.

Paula said...

Ah Stephan, don't rub in how you are getting some!

karlthebunny said...

Colored roses from facebook.

$500.00

Single rose.

$50.00

A woman who knows what she wants.

*Priceless*