Friday, January 09, 2009

No Your Never Gonna Get It!

Greetings all,

The drama with my roommate continues. She told me yesterday she will be out on the 1st of February and expects her deposit back. I said the contract says to give 6 week notice and she said it doesn't matter because my Facebook status update was considered slanderous.

Her dad runs his own business so she claims he knows all about the law. He probably told her that it's slander because he has such an influence in her life. He even told her how to vote and she listened even though she was going to vote for someone else.

She has clearly been having a power struggle with me and for no reason. The apartment is on my name and we signed our own agreement. I'm probably not going to waste my energy chasing after her is she doesn't pay her rent.

I will have to find a place for April so I should be fine, although I will be uber tight on money now, especially since I don't have a job.

I told the supers about my situation and there were other people in the office as well, maybe they lived in the building as well. But they agreed that she sounds like she is a control freak and on a power struggle after I told them that her dad runs his own business and apparently knows alot about law.

When I told the people there how she thinks my facebook status was slander, they thought that was silly and that it's my opinion and that you can't prove it's slanderous (especially since I can delete it from my wall).

This whole experience is causing me a lot of stress. I am a peaceful person. I'm a tree hugger damn it! I am not confrontational but I'm also not going to take abuse from someone.

I told them as well ever since she brought those couches in she has been on some power trip. I think those couches may be cursed!

5 comments:

JGH said...

Good luck with it!

JGH

Stephan Scharnberg said...

Ah, yes! Cursed couches, possessed roomies. That's a tough one. What is she? Daddy's girl? She doesn't have a leg to stand on, or should I say... doesn't have a couch to sit on??!! Sorry, this last one doesn't quite make sense.
But I thought it sounded nice and corny. Good luck on the whiole thing. A few months from now you'll look back on this and have a good laugh.

Paula said...

Stephan she is definitely Daddy's Little Girl and it's quite sad since she is now 27. She's got a lot of growing up to do.

I don't feel very comfortable where I am at but she'll be gone soon. She is giving me plenty of comedic material due to her childish behaviour. It is hard though to deal with someone who is so unreasonable. I can't talk to her it seems and get through to how.

Bernie said...

Well, I don't own my own business that I run during the day -- but I do own a part-time business. Of course, that's not where I get my information about the law. I pretty much get that from my 20+ years working in the legal industry.

Slander is verbal or spoken defamation.

Libel is written defamation.

For libel to occur, she must first prove that it hurt her reputation in some way -- usually in a monetary way.

Also, if it's the truth -- no matter how much it may have hurt her -- there is no claim.

If you are referring to your "feels like she is living with Hiter", you simply expressed how you were feeling. had you said "so and so" is really Hitler -- maybe she would have a case.

Don't let the bitch off the hook. She has no claim for slander or libel. Even if her dad does own his own business. If you have a contract with her -- you can take her to small claims court and get your money and your costs back.

BITCH. Yeah. I mean her. Your roommate. I'm not afraid of L-I-B-E-L (not slander) because it's true!

I'm done.

karlthebunny said...

Check with your land lord about "the law".

Texas law requires 30 days written prior notice to end a lease. This is to protect all parties.

The deposit is to protect all involved by ensuring the tenant will leave the property in good condition and pay any outstanding bills upon move out.

Read your contract, copy her on it, and stick too it.
(She needs to learn to play by the rules)

Angry roomy trashes place, Comedian won't be laughing...

See you on Judge Judy!