Sunday, January 04, 2009

Happy New Year

Greetings all,

It is a new year!

I went out for New Years and ended up going to a dance party. I am part of the site called meetup.com and I'm in a bunch of groups. Two groups had scheduled an event to go out to a party. One of the groups said she was linking up with the other and gave out a # for tickets. It turns out this was for a different party and I RSVPed to the other event, thinking the ticket was good for that event. The one I wanted to go was already sold out and Russell Peters was going to host.

I was quite disappointed but tried to make the best of things. The organizer for the event didn't RSVP to her own event so I thought I'd be going to this event alone but the guy whom I bought my ticket from was there and he said she'd be here so I at least was glad to not spend it alone.

I saw the other meetup group members in line because I didn't realize the hotel where these parties were, had multiple parties going on. I showed them my ticket and they said that it was the right one but when I went back in line, they said it was not the right ticket.

The party I went to had alot of older people and couples over 40 and so I didn't feel comfortable about that. I dressed sexy for guys my age, not to be lusted over by older men!

* * *

My birthday is coming soon and will be on the 13th. I decided to have a party at my place and invited all of my friends from facebook. My roommate won't be around and her birthday is 5 days before mine. When she first moved in she told me that she doesn't want her friends over when she is not around, meaning basically that I couldn't become friends with her friends if she wasn't around. She told me that happened at the last place she moved in and one of her friends started hanging out there when she wasn't with her other roommates and she didn't like that.

I thought that was strange and thought 'don't your friends have their own minds and do what they want?'

Anyways, one of her friends is my friend on facebook. I invited everyone, even those who live in other provinces - mainly because I didn't have time to sort through who lives too far away, etc. I invited her friend and she told me today to remove him from the guest list. I said he can just reply no. And she responds "remember what I told you" in a threatening sort of tone.

I called up my friend because frankly, this is crazy to me and she agreed with me as well. I feel like she is some sort of Hitler and I just don't feel comfortable living with her. I don't even feel like I can relax in my own place when she is around.

I am not sure how to proceed with things because I do want to move to Toronto and don't see the point of kicking her out and getting a new roommate (or not) for 2 or 3 months.

I was told to send her love as a means of protecting myself and to send people love when they hurt you. I am going to have try that because I don't want to fall down to her level.

* * *

Well I talked to my roommate just now. Actually she confronted me. I wrote on my facebook status that I feel like I am living with Hitler and she read that and told me she is going to look for a new place. She bullied me as well asking me how do I bully her? I tried explaining and what not but she is a bully and said I was being childish about my status. She was attacking me and I tried to calmly explain my side but she just kept attacking and digging and interogating. I told her that if she felt like I was bullying her, I would be concerned but she didn't seem concerned that I felt bullied because she doesn't think she is one.

It's hard not to let this bother me but she is going to make me look like the bad guy when she should have looked at how her own behaviour is making me uncomfortable. I told her how I don't feel safe and she just bulldozed through what I said, not paying any attention to my feelings.

I honestly think that a normal person would want to know why this person feels this person is being bullied. I can understand feeling hurt but people don't write those things for no reason.

Dealing with her is like dealing with a rabid Chihuahua.

* * *

You know this was supposed to be the year that everything falls into place for me and so far it sucks! I started to read this book called "Why Men Marry Some Women and Not others". I read some of it yesterday. I feel panicky about ever being able to find the right man to marry. It talked about how women need to start looking for a man at 28. I am only up to chapter 4 but reading it is making me too stressed.

I just got to relax and hope things in my life will work out.

No comments: