Monday, May 16, 2005

Love is a necessity

I had my study group this evening. We read books by Rudolf Steiner. My mother calls it a book club but I call it a study group because book club sounds gay. We got into the topic of love and touch because we were discussing needs such as hunger. Love I think is a need, a higher need. We talked about how children deprived of touch can become more heartless and uncaring and sociopathic.
I basically think Love is a necessity. I think we also need to cultivate love within our selves. I think when we love people unconditionally we also provide healing to them. Loving unconditionally doesn't mean condoning destructive behaviour. It's hard though to love people but I think that we need to challenge our own thoughts. I also think that people that are the most fucked up are the ones that need love the most. I'm a happy people and I'm full of love and joy. I don't need love in the sense that I have it inside. I know how to create it for myself. Not everyone in the world knows how to do that.
Why do we forget that we have inner needs as well and not just material needs?
Why is it when we talk about children, we forget that we were once children as well? We talk about children like we never were one but we were.

I also went for a nice hike this morning with a friend.
Before my study group I went to say goodbye to my grandmother's house one last time. She moved into a retirement home yesterday because of my grandfather passing away. I just wanted closure as the house has been a place of memories for me and I think saying goodbye is a nice way for closure.
I also gave the house a hug and told it to be nice to the new owners.

No comments: