Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Run me over

Greetings and Salutations,

Yesterday was a lovely day. Quite bloody humid. Plus my car broke down on my way home from work. There was a problem with the car on Friday and that battery light came on. My father got a new battery but that light was still on when I went out on Sunday. I'm taking the QEW highway home and suddenly all my gauges go to zero. This is probably around the bridge area. I was on the highway like this for 5 minutes and then my exit comes and by the time the exit comes up, I notice that I can't accelerate anymore. So around the lovely curve I go as I exit off the highway and it was a bitch to turn that steering wheel. My car was slowly decelerating and then it stopped going. I couldn't pull over so I ended up blocking the lane. I was quite pissed because my father let me drive this car. I got out of the car and started walking. I didn't have a cellphone but 5 minutes from my car, I saw someone had pulled over and he let me use his cellphone. I called our lovely CAA and the guy called the police because he was concerned it would get hit. He was kind enough to drive me back around to my car. Karma points for you Mr. I don't know your name. I struck up a conversation with him as well. I also chatted with the tow truck man. I was surprised by my chattiness. The whole situation amused me. The last time I had to pull over my car was during a really bad snow storm. I find it ironic (is this irony?) that I have had to pull my car over during extreme weather days, like it's either bloody hot or freaking snowing a lot. The situation didn't really bother me. Sure it was an annoyance and I was pissed for about 2 minutes but I was cool after that.
Anyways, the problem was with the alternator.

I never understood this whole idea about chicks who enjoy dating the 'bad boy'. Is this true? Do guys know of girls who enjoyed dating bad boys or is this some sort of mythical dating propaganda? I don't really like dating bad boys. I have this low tolerance for jerks. I might have gone out with someone who was 1/4 jerk and insensitive but they had at least enough qualities to redeem them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your car - your battery. Your father replaced it for you. You went out in it on Sunday knowing the battery light was on -- yet you're pissed at him for "letting you"?

And yes, there are some women who like the "bad boy". Although I am not one of them, I know at least two.

Paula said...

We had CAA replace the battery so they said that light might still stay on and if it's still there so more then a day then it's not the battery. They did check the battery and we apparently needed one anyways. It's technically not my car, but my parents let me use it pretty much all the time.

karlthebunny said...

Girls and bad boys.

They don't "date" them.
They fuck them.

Sorry about your car.
Maybe your distributor is kaput and draining your battery.

Glad you were not hurt.