Sunday, February 05, 2006

I made my annual trek to Guelph to purchase my Steiner books. There's only a few dealers who have the books on hand. I know that Chapters and Indigo have them, but only available online. So I go to Guelph to get my books. There's a dealer in Toronto but I'd rather go to Guelph.
The drive was crummy and as usual, my worried mother informs me that there's this storm warning or something. Yes mother, thanks for instilling paranoia into my optimistic mind. Like a weather warning is going to keep me from going out and getting my Steiner fix! It was raining here in Hamilton and then on the way there it turned into slush and then snow. And on my way back, it was snow and ice pellets and then turned to slush and then rain.
I need a new book shelf because mine got filled a long time ago. I'm going to move out this year so my books will be more organized. I have a few scattered upstairs.
I had to specially order some lecture pamphlets and I got a whack of them. There were expensive too. Some were just one or two lectures and it would cost $10. I got in total about 15 items. I finally got this one book that I've been wanting for several years but it never felt like the right time to study it. I'm so happy that I'm ready to read it. There's been a few Steiner books in my lifetime where I felt like I wasn't ready for the ideas but was eager to learn about them and eventually I became ready to learn them. So it's nice that now I can read this book. The book is only 4 lectures and it's called Human and Cosmic Thought. The description sounds good so hopefully it's actually an accurate description of the content. He talks about the 12 main philosophical standpoints and that progress in philosophy depends not upon defending one and refusing others but in learning to experience the validity of them all. Learning these different standpoints is supposed to help us overcome narrowmindedness. I've taken philosophy in university so I'm probably familiar with some of them and he does talk about different philosophy views in Philosophy of Freedom.
Other books I bought include Colour, which is to discuss insights into colour, painting and artistic creation based on Goethe's Theory of Colour. Steiner had a lot of experience studying the work of Goethe because he got to work on his archives. Goethe was around approximately the same time as Newton and he had a different theory on colour then Newton but it wasn't really accepted. Goethe was an artist and a scientist and so he incorporated both in his findings.
I bought Broken Vessels which I think I was told had a different name and they changed it. Here he discusses how healing needs to look into the invisible as well as the visible aspects that make up humans. He calls it inner frailty (the invisible). I think he discusses mental illness as well.
Other titles purchased include Education as a Source for Social Change, An Occult Physiology, Secret Brotherhoods and Anthroposophy has Something to Add to Modern Science. Most of my pamphlets discuss the social order and economic ideas.
Mental orgasms begin!

I went to a friend's new place in Toronto last night. Again my mother was concerned about the weather and asked me if it were possible I could stay over night if necessary. Seriously, it was only raining. Rain is not that dangerous!
My friend didn't have curtains and there was an apartment building across from her building because there's basically 2 in the same lot. So I wanted to flash the people across because hey, maybe we're being watched - which is kinda cool. What can I say my inner performer came out and I would dance in front of the curtainless windows. I couldn't see anyone but maybe there was some pervert who was watching and whose heart I was warming. I would only flash my belly because I'm really just a tease and I think my friend exposed her bra or maybe the whole stuff.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Next time post the plan to flash in advance, and we'll make sure we're there with binoculars.

Anonymous said...

Though you may not have completely flashed them, from what I saw of your dancing, you shure gave them quite a show! And even if people in the other building weren't watching, all those present were certainly entertained!

Paula said...

Thanks Corrie, I do what I can to amuse!