Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Non sequitur girl

I think if I were to be a super hero, I would be non sequitur girl. Disarm and disorient villains by speaking non sequiturs. Excellent mental tactics. At improv, I have a tendency to say non sequiturs all the time. I don't know why. I enjoy it though, because at least for me, it keeps things interesting.

My friend, whom I consider my best friend and we used to date, thinks he's smarter then me. We talk on the phone all the time and I find he is one of the few people who understands me as he is a calm and emotionally mature and honest person. I just don't understand why he thinks he's smarter then me. He's skipped a grade. My mother skipped a grade. I know of an ex boyfriend as well who skipped a grade. Then I realized today... see this is an example of where my brain is slow in processing statements people make... that these 2 people went to public schools where it was considered normal practice to skip or fail a grade. My mother went to a Catholic school and she went in a time when the Catholic system skipped or held back people. My mother was put back a grade when she was 7 as she was an immigrant. But then they made her skip a grade, and she went from 6-8, balancing out things.
I went to a Catholic system, where everyone passed regardless of how poor you did and you didn't advance, no matter how well you did. Maybe if I went to a public system, I'd have skipped a grade as I found school generally too boring. So skipping a grade doesn't mean anything you PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM FUCKERS because us CATHOLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM PEOPLE didn't have that same system of skipping or passing people.
I'm not bitter at all really. Different systems.

Anyways, I'm smarter then he is. I'm a different type of smart. I'm eccentric genius smart. I'm into concepts, ideas, creativity. I'm like some mad witch constantly brewing concepts in my mind, constantly twisting and mixing things about. Cackling away until I discover a nice thought.
I just object to him saying he's smarter then me, but I cannot convince him. I would be content if he said that we're different smart, that neither of us are smarter then the other. Although I believe my intelligence is more better, and like wine my intelligence gets better with age and so I believe that I will become more brilliant as time progresses and the efforst that I make with my anthroposophical studies.
I've asked myself what makes my intelligence more better then his?
I don't know I just think I have some sort of mental gift and I just think he should acknowledge that, rather then insist he is smarter then me.

Phone break!

I just finished talking to him on the phone just now and told him how I am writing about him. Overall he feels that he has an edge in intelligence and he does agree that I am different smart. He believes that if we were to take intelligence tests that he'd fare better.
I think that IQ tests are quite flawed as an intelligence indicator. How do they come up with these things? I seriously see them as limited because they are only as good as those who design them. What if God came up with an IQ test? He/She would have a different perspective on what is considered intelligence, particularly since God is supposedly all knowing.
I'm assuming a team of people design these tests but wouldn't people who were all super intelligent design a better test? Where does creativity come into play?

I believe that as I grow and evolve as a human, I will become a genius. I believe that it possible for me to take my intelligence on a different level. That's why I think I'm smarter then my friend. I expect in time that genius will be my normal state. I have perceived something within myself that marks the sign of genius and greatness and it is unfortunate that my friend has not perceived that.
I think this genius is within everyone but most people lack the motivation to tap into it.

Back to my brew... cackle, cackle, cackle.

2 comments:

Paula said...

I'm not measuring myself against others, just my friend. I just asked my friend if he thought he was smarter then me. It was just an innocent question and it's funny that he thinks he's smarter then me.
It's interesting to see what sorts of answers you get from people when you ask them questions like that.
People always have a different perceptive of you then yourself.

karlthebunny said...

IQ is subjective.

I have a college degree, make a decent living in a profession that requires years of study and practical experience. I must be licensed and insured to claim the title of my business. And with that comes a 10 year legal obligation for any creations of mine.

I go to work everyday and am not necessarily happy everyday.

My aunt was mentally disabled. She couldn't do simple math. My grandmother and grandfather were drinkers and my mother believed my aunt was an alcohol baby.
My aunt finished high school and got married. Her siblings went on to earn Bachelor and Master degrees.

She worked as a product sampler for a large ware house company head quartered in Arkansas.

She was happy, never knew a stranger, loved G*d, had many friends, loved her cats, family, and died loved by many.

My Uncle (the masters degree) out lived his father, mother, and two sisters, is an artist,doesn't believe in G*d, is fluent in another language, has an unhappy marriage, can rebuild a car from the ground up, and wasn't there when his mother and sisters needed him. I can not say that he is loved by my generation.

So in the end my uncle would be classified as "genius" while my aunt would have been classified as "retarded", but looking at their lives...

who's to say who really had the higher intellegence?