Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I started to organize my Steiner lectures yesterday. He's done over 6000 lectures and many of his books that are published are lectures. So I thought I'd finally organize that so that when I buy more books or single lectures, I won't be getting something I already have. A few of my lectures overlap, but nothing significant.

I got myself a new qigong dvd, but it isn't from the wild goose series. It's for organ cleansing and they claim it's good for detoxing. I saw the video yesterday and it looks pretty simple. I also finished learning a shamanic tiger dvd but I find myself enjoying the wild goose system more. The main wild goose routine and the shamanic tiger routine both take about the same length of time but with the wild goose I start feeling warmth sooner whereas in the tiger one, I might feel trinkles of warmth. Anyone who is a practioner of qigong knows that once you start feeling warm, that is a good sign. I want to look at other dvds and styles because I think it's important to expose yourself to different methods.
I'll try this new qigong and see if I like it.

My parents are renovating the kitchen and last week we had porcelain (I think) tiles put in as the ceramic we had before was cracking. We used to have one wall with wallpaper and my parents decided to stick with that and they had someone do the wallpapering. They also decided to add that border wallpaper. The wallpaper strikes me as very typical Italian. It's grapes on a vine. The border is fruit bowls.
I'm so anti-Italian, except when it comes to the sciences because many great scientists or explorers were Italians and in the early days, it took great courage and balls to stand up against the 'establishment'.
Anyways, the whole design of the wallpaper was so typical Italian. It made me cringe. It looks nice though but still...
I'm just glad we don't have those lion statues in front of our house.
Apparently putting plastic on your furniture is an Italian thing as well or do other cultures do that?
Unfortunately my mother does use plastic on the kitchen and dinning room tables.
I promise when I move out and buy my own furniture, I won't do that!

No comments: