Wednesday, May 07, 2014

I am Rashional

Greetings all,

I had to take Amoxicillan, an antibiotic when I got my wisdom teeth taken out 2 weeks ago. I ended up getting a rash about a week afterwards. I only had a week's worth of antibiotics and finished them up. I noticed the soles of my feet had a burning sensation and then I experience the runs all day, which for me is rather embarrassing since I have to share my bathroom with my housemate. Then I noticed a rash breaking out on my elbows and the side of my hips. I thought maybe I have bed bugs but I emailed my mom the pics and she said it was a rash. My brother had bed bug bites and she said they didn't look like them.

I also had an intense stomach ache on Sunday night. I went out to see a documentary and in the middle of it, my stomach hurt so bad that I wanted to throw up. I stuck it out to the end and went home. I didn't throw up. I googled what to do and read that you can drink baking soda, which is what I did. I went to bed and woke up fine. Then yesterday I has having the runs again and our toilet wouldn't flush properly so I had to email the owner to fix it. Again, that was embarrassing. Our toilet has been known to not flush properly and of all the times to act up, this was not a good time!

When I started getting the rash, I phoned the pharmacist so I should be fine as what I got was a delayed reaction to the medication and I should be fine after a week. I thought this was ridiculous. I had 2 of my wisdom taken out 10 years ago and I don't remember going through this amount of BS. I am never taking an antibiotic again in my life! I don't know how common amoxicillan reactions are, but I am never taking it again and hopefully I won't need to.

Hopefully this will be the end of my rash, stomach ache, runs.

No comments: