Saturday, December 24, 2005

Pretty Boys suck!

We had our improv gift exchange. I enjoyed watching what other people got. I got what I wanted which was a capo for my guitar. Again thank you Santa! You rock! I chose to remain anonymous and my victim enjoyed their gift, which I am glad that it was enjoyed.

For several years I've been wanting to come up with my own way of celebrating Christmas, instead of the typical spend lots of money and go frantic for 2 weeks. I've never officially come up with my own Christmas ritual but I guess maybe I have my own unconscious ritual. On my days off of work I like to spend time in my room thinking. I guess I would be considered highly introspective because I enjoy thinking and solitude. I always wonder what other people do. Am I the only one in the world who needs solitude on a regular basis? I reallly don't think so but sometimes it just seems like that to me.
With my new job, I have to be nice and polite to people all the time because it is customer service type work. I really don't think I'm a mean person but I'm not exactly known for being polite. In fact I would rather just be blunt and direct with people and tell them they are stupid. It just saves so much time. But now I am learning how to tell people they are stupid in a non-direct way - in a subtle, polite manner if you will. This goes against my whole nature. It's called 'soft skills'. This seems to be a skill inherent in women but I somehow seemed to be missing that gene.

We got moved to our desks on Thursday and that guy in my training class - the one who I said I flirted with a bit in the beginning - is now sitting behind me. The arrangement of the office is open style cubicles of 4 and they are back to back. So in my little area, there's 8 of us. I don't know why I flirted with this guy but now he just pisses me off. He's just some annoying pretty boy. A social butterfly. A slut.
He's Oakville pussy!
Some of my classmates were teasing me that now we are together, but I really don't want him around me. I don't find him attractive at all. He just looks like he's had an easy life. Never experienced pain. Living a carefree life and getting drunk all the time and fucking many girls with not a care in the world.
Why the hell would a guy like that annoy me? Pretty boys like him are a dime a dozen. He thinks he's great in bed. I've never actually met ANYONE who stated that they were horrible in bed.
Here's a scenario:
Me: So what are you like in bed? Are you good at pleasing the ladies?
Some guy: No. I'm horrible in bed. My dick is small and all I can think of is having my own orgasm.

No one ever admits to people their sexual inadequecies.
I don't know where I'm going with this.

Anyways, maybe he bugs me because my inner nerd just wants to be noticed and is jealous that he doesn't notice me, an attractive and wonderful single person.
Yeah maybe that's it...

I wonder if I try and read into people too much but I just wonder with him if there is anything more to his personality. I can't believe that he is just a pretty boy and that maybe he possesses some substance or has experienced some hardship. But maybe that's all he is. Maybe he is shallow. I find it hard to understand people like that because I really want to believe that people have some substance, even if it is a tiny speck. I can't fathom someone being 100% shallow.
I never grew up with the concept that I was beautiful or pretty (I was like a tomboy) so I tended to rely on my personality and intelligence. Whenever I meet a woman who is considered 'beautiful' by North American standards, I always wonder how much substance she has. Or if she is just superficial, incapable of intelligent thought. I've seen some girls at work who look 'fake' (someone pointed out a chick who looked fake and I agreed. This was one of the many chicks 'pretty boy' is chasing) and there's an automatic assossociation of fake with that of stupid or vacuous. She seems like an okay person. I can't really say.
But an intelligent person can be vacuous, they can choose to be shallow, to be vain and sacrifice their intelligence.
Why does it take so long to get to know people???

5 comments:

karlthebunny said...

I remember from Sunday School class someone saying it took x many hours together before a group "clicked" and began to bond.

I want to say it takes about 70 hours.
Maybe that's too high.

I personally Run from people who open up about themselves (other than children) in the first 10 minutes.

Boundries at work are Priceless.

Boss Man and Senior Architect were NOT in my wedding annoucement plans on purpose. Some folks I don't want to be friends.

I think you are right about wanting pretty boy to notice you.

Maybe he's shy.

I was told I was "stuck up" and such in school.

Reality was, shyness.

Have you invited him out?

Great point on, "Yeah, I suck in bed!"
When I had/have fears about 'satisfaction' levels, I usually pass on offers.

"Yep!, I'm bad in Bed and I want to Share that information with you First Hand... So whatcha waiting for???, Let's get going!"

karlthebunny said...

Recently they had all the pagents on tv here in the states.

Miss... somewhere won, or is that 'one'?, first place.

What exactly does it all mean?

Mr. x has the 'Official Prettiest': lover?,
daughter?,
sister?,
mother?,
wife?

Meaning What?

That I don't?

Anonymous said...

For someone who claims they like to really get to know people, you seem to judge people on the most basic levels. In the months I've read this blog I have read factory workers are unintelligent, office workers are snutty, pretty boys are jerks, women have soft skills...it goes on and on. It makes me wonder if you really take the time to get to know someone. Everyone is different. The thing I love about getting to know people is finding out surprises in their personalities and the only way you find those things out are by truly "listening" and "getting to know" that person. Sure there are stereotypes out there but there are also many people that dont deserve to be grouped into categories after knowing them for such a small amount of time.

Paula said...

I think the fact that myself and some people use stereotypes to describe people is because there is some truth to steretypes. From some factory worker's perspective, office people are snots. I've seen these workers with that attitude.
Stereotypes to me are archetypes. People are always going to be so much richer then an archetype or a stereotype, but using them just makes it easier for us to communicate.

I find everyone I meet to be simulataneously transparent and mysterious. I find people to be elusive even though sometimes there are parts of them that are not.

Anonymous said...

Paula: Sometimes it's a simple as just listening (or, in this case reading). The message is there. Take it.