Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I'm almost finished reading Steiner's World Economy book and around the 7th lecture, it started getting really awesome. The beginning, he's just talking weird stuff and then his concepts all start to come together. He completely 'revolutionized' the concept of supply and demand and how they really interact in the real world.
If I were a Steiner groupie, I'd blow him.

Anyways, I finally found myself a nice pair of black shoes to wear for work. It was so hard to find a decent pair. I wanted one with a low heel and that was stylish but so many shoes have high heels or just look cheap.
This is what is upsetting me with the quality of shoes. They are producing such shoddy work with poor material. I can't even stand looking at Walmart or Payless most of the time because so many of the shoes they have are just so damn cheap looking. Oh sure they might have the occasional nice decent shoe, but I have a keen eye for quality.
Have you noticed how they now create a wooden look to the heel of the shoe by just placing some sticker that looks like wood? I bought these pair of shoes about 8-10 years ago and the heel is actually made out of wood. The majority of the heel is rubber, but they have enough interest in their product to create a centimetre layer of wood that goes around it. That is acceptable to me.
Not placing a fucking 'wood' sticker over cheap plastic to create the illusion of wood.
Next time ladies and gents, take a good look at how the heel of the shoe looks like.
I also bought myself another pair of runners. They are so cool. They are brown and pink.
I like runners. I have a bunch but I tend to wear one pair most of the time. I don't mix it up much.
I have grown to detest shopping. It's too hard to find stuff that I like and it just takes too much time. You go to a bunch of stores and sometimes find nothing. My shopping habits are becoming more and more like a man. I just want to quickly go in, buy something and move on.
But I struggle because I tend to operate on the principle of quality. I want quality clothes and quality fabric. I'm not a fashion diva but I do not like buying clothes that look cheap. Get some decent fabric! It makes such a huge difference.

We only have 2 guys in our training class, one of which is single. He sat next to me for a few days as we had our seats changed. He's cute and we were flirting a bit. He's interested in some girl (not in the training) but she's all wishy washy and doesn't know what she wants. He's pretty open, like I am and because we flirt, he just comes out and asks if I'm interested in him. He's a bit younger then me and he's cute.
Here's a secret guys, I don't know if other women are like this or if it's just me.
I usually envision myself with someone and if that idea doesn't appeal to me, then I generally show little interest in someone (sexually). I think pretty much every guy I've ever met, I always mentally analyze if he is someone who I can potentially mate with. It's largely done unconsciously and on an instinctual level, however I am more conscious about my own mental inner workings then the majority of the population.
So I don't really find myself attracted to this person.
Of course I can just sleep with him because I want to up my numbers.
But as I've previously mentioned in another entry, it's just a lot of work in getting involved with someone new and finding what they like sexually and becoming comfortable with each other.
I am currently with an excellent service provider.
I see no reason for leaving my service provider. I get good, reliable quality service and I feel understood as a person.
Where are the incentives?

Oh the vicissitudes of life!

No comments: