Saturday, November 19, 2005

The Boot

I've been without internet since Tuesday as I had a friend, who is simply known as "My Beloved Compatriot" fix the battery charger for my laptop. So I have had internet access since last night.
I don't know what's worse.
A week without internet or a week without sex?

I have taken a week off from working as I start my new job this Monday. I have been temping since June or July. I didn't call in available for this week but they put me on the availability list anyways. They called me twice after I even told them that I start a new job. They wanted me to work nights as well. Like I don't work nights, what makes you think I'd suddenly accept them? I've worked nights years ago and it was too physically draining for me.
Oh well.
I don't really know what to expect with this new job. My friend from high school works there and she says she enjoys it. I hope I do as well, but you just never know what's going to happen. You never really know what an employer will do.

I was a bit sick yesterday and today I was feeling worse. I basically slept most of my afternoon. I now have enough strength to ask people for sympathy.
Ahem... sympathy please...

I hate being sick but it's also an enjoyable feeling as well. Not like, you know having an orgasm enjoyable. I think the soul appreciates all experiences of life, even if they are 'negative'. I know it sounds strange. Being sick is a process of life and any process of life deserves respect.

I'm so helpless when I'm sick. I don't have the energy to do anything. I just like wallowing in my own misery in my bed.

Anyways, my post is entitled the boot because last Saturday, the guy I was seeing gave me the boot. Oh well. It sucks getting the boot. Even if you've only gone out twice and chatted on the phone several times.
At least I learned from him how to mute my guitar strings. I've gotten some guitar tabs and sometimes they place an x on a string and that means you don't play it. So in one of my guitar chords books, it features an x on the second or third string and I just didn't get how you can not not play a string that's in the middle. I can understand not playing the first or the last string but how you can strum and avoid a string in the middle? It boggled my workin' class mind! So I asked the guy I was seeing as he plays guitar as well, how to play a chord like that. So now I know.
I can at least take that positive experience from seeing him...

Speaking of guitars, I went yesterday to Costco with my mother in Burlington and they had an electric guitar with an amp and I was playing with it for a while.
That's right cocksuckers I was rocking out amongst Burlington pussy.
I am the sole individual who made the Costco in Burlington significantly less uptight and more rocked out!
Woooooo doggy!
We're farming now!

I went shopping as well and got a neat black hat with a skull on it. I normally don't like those types of clothes, you know the ones with weird things like skulls, but I thought it was cool. Plus the eye sockets are shaped like hearts.

And in anthroposophical news...
I finished reading Social Issues a week ago I think. I might talk about it later because I feel quite tired. One quote I found was quite interesting and it was related to medical science.
I started reading World Economy as well. It's got 14 lectures. His style is interesting. He's presenting such expansive concepts and what he talks about in the beginning of his lecture cycle, doesn't start making sense until the end. I've finished lecture 4. I read this book about 5 years ago. I think it's important to really understand what economic science is about and really grasp the concepts of what is an economy. Accurate observation and the formation of precise concepts and ideas are things you train when you get into and make an effort to understand his work. Well life in general teaches you this, however, anthroposophy accelerates this task.

No comments: