Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Bombed

Greetings,

I had a show at Second City but it was not organized by SC, but just the space was used. They created a facebook page which said the show started at 8 pm. When I got there, it was already starting and apparently the show was to start at 7 pm.

It wasn't a big deal that I arrived late. Earlier on that day, I was doing Sat Nam Rasayan work. I took a workshop a few weeks ago by Hari Nam Singh, from Los Angeles. We used partners and did individual work during the 3 hour workshop. Someone asked about having a regular class to practice and continue the work we learned so that started up on the Sunday. It's just for 1.5 hours. After that I decided to stay for a kundalini yoga class and then I went home.

I don't know if the fact I did alot of energy work affected my performance. As well I do feel sleepier with the shorter days, it affects my memory. I did my set and I tried this technique someone said when doing a talk. She said to anchor your feet and breathe in and pause. I tried that and sighed. Maybe that threw off the audience. I don't know what happened. I just didn't connect with them. I think I didn't want to be there either because I think I just wanted to be alone but I had booked this already so I didn't want to bail.

I might have got a couple of laughs but it was by far the most awkward show I did. There was a decent size audience. I ended up not talking about 2 things and I didn't end well either and just got off the stage. I was probably not up there long. We were allotted 7 minutes.

The host was nice to me after it was done and told me to sign up again. This has never happened to me and I just don't know what happened. I'm really hoping it was just the energy work I did and I probably was better off staying home.

I got home and I felt so humiliated and had cried. I felt bad as well the next day and it might have been related to the energy work and not so much the show. This experience made me wonder if I'm just wasting my time doing stand up. I know I can be funny but I'm not feeling I'm clicking. But that could just take time to get good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really envy your courage. I can't imagine getting up in front of an audience like that. Must have been a scary feeling to not feel that connection with them. Don't give up though!