Sunday, July 18, 2010

Unfriending on Facebook

Greetings all,

I've had to unfriend an improv 'friend' on my facebook mainly because I had felt this person has been too rude on my status updates. I initially had blocked him from commenting on my status. A few days ago I had commented on his status. I am not hostile like he is and am socially appropriate. He had childishly brought up how I blocked him. I ended up messaging him and got some long winded response, basically not acknowledging and taking responsibility for his hostile actions and words. Had said I have censorship issues and doesn't understand why his humour offends me.

Half the time, the jokes and comments are just down right mean and cruel. You can't just say to people that you don't get their humour if you are behaving like an asshole half the time. It's not funny and it's being mean. It's not something to be proud of. It's down right sad.

I eventually responded. I don't know why because frankly I am someone that usually gives a little fight when being faced by this type of ignorant behaviour. I had said my boundaries were disrespected more then once and that he probably could be more sensitive.

Basically he is a hostile and angry person with emotional issues and basically hasn't dealt with them and so views the world and people from this self righteous and angry perspective. Has quite the chip on his shoulder. Whereas I am responsible about my emotions and anger and use yoga as a tool to help me process my hurt.

I'm not about to have that type of person in my life. I hardly see him in real life and certainly will not tolerate this online.

His response to my comment was:
Meh.

As a result, I unfriended him. It clearly shows his emotional maturity level is low and he is being dismissive. Friends have conflicts but I believe most normal humans can talk out their difficulties. Some people just don't want to and dig their heels further into their position and further believe that they are right.

I'm not responsible for the hurt people feel. They are responsible for their emotional health. I will not feel bad because someone can't manage their anger. That is not my responsibility.

No comments: