Monday, July 12, 2010

Online Dating Continues

Greetings all,

I've been on a dating site now for almost 2 months and have gone on 2 dates. The thing I don't like is that being that I am 31, I am looking for a man who is close to my age, ideally under 35. I'm being generous and have opened the window to men under 40 and sometimes will respond to someone who is 41. I am open to someone younger, although men tend to mature slower then a woman and so I'm open to someone as young as 26, although I would prefer no younger then 27 or 28.

Now as a woman, I think women have to be picky for biological reasons. We are the ones that carry the baby and so logically it would make sense for a woman to be picky.

I've seen one man post on his profile that he wants a woman with brown hair. I was offended by this and ranted to my coworkers at lunch because I don't select a man based on his hair. True, I may prefer blondes but I am open to hair colours. And it's a very superficial thing to be fussy about. I can understand things like wanting children and smoking. But a man in my eyes, has ZERO rights to be so fussy like that.

The other thing that is annoying is that I am having men who are well over my age range hit on me. I think I had someone who was 50 wink at me. That is way too old for me. If I already did the marriage and kids thing already, maybe I wouldn't be so discriminatory but since I want kids and a husband in the long run, a man that age is just out of the question.

Don't get me wrong, anyone can be attractive but I can't build my life with someone that age. I just don't understand why they even bother trying! I know some women in their 50s get frustrated that men their age are hitting on younger women, but being that I am a younger woman by comparison, I really don't appreciate it and I think they are wasting their time!

I've mentioned this before but men just need to be more realistic and realize that they are not the ones with the power when it comes to mate selection.

No comments: