Saturday, March 06, 2010

What's Wrong with Vanilla?

Greetings all,

I was on a second date last week with some guy. Now I've been trying to be a good girl and so am keeping my sexual side out of the picture but at some point in the night, the conversation turned to my date's previous marriage about 10 years ago. He thought his wife was too 'vanilla' and wanted to do more fun stuff. For some reason, that statement irked me. What is wrong with 'vanilla' sex? I frankly think vanilla sex is good enough. Why do we feel that we always need to be sexually adventerous all the time? Why is this pressure put on women to perform and be open to all these grand sexual things?

Bah humbug I say!

I think if a woman is not too into sex, maybe it's because the man isn't doing a good job at turning her on and then seems to think it's her fault and think she's unadventerous.

Let me tell you, if you are good at pleasing a woman and finding the right buttons, you can get her going so that she never wants to stop! And doing that doesn't involve having kinky sex toys or doing really uncomfortable/ackward positions!

Her joy, is largely fueled by good oral and your own enthusiasm for sex and her body. Of course, for some women, they have issues around sex but that is a different subject. I am referencing women who are healthy emotionally and comfortable with their sexuality.

The flip side of it is that, being that I'm 31 I'm no spring sex chicken, I've done my own experimenting and now that I'm older, I'm not so inclined to do new things. My attitude is: been there, done that, let's move forward.

I used to want to have a 3-some (with 2 guys) but ever since I turned 30, I just feel I'm too old for that so I'm not really into that idea anymore.

I think I've done enough experimenting and I think I've tried it all. Well, there is still one more fantasy I have that I haven't done and that is having sex in a confessional booth. When I was a kid, I was always forced to go to church and I thought it would be cool to have sex in a confessional booth since it's the place where you confess your sins and there is a curtain that helps to create some privacy in that room. We'll see who gets to be the lucky man for that one!

No comments: