Saturday, March 20, 2010

Aim Realistically

Greetings all,

I went out for St Patrick's last Saturday. I went out playing pool with a meetup group. The organizer runs a few groups but I was signed up under her travel group. Her other group, which I found out when I arrived, was a group for singles. I knew one guy there from a boardgames meetup and he is probably around my age group. The rest of these people were all over 40. I have no problem socializing with people over 40 but sometimes I'd rather be around people my own age or at least with a mix of people. We were the only young people there so it felt weird.

Anyways, this older man was hitting on me and I really didn't know how to tell him I'm not interested. So he kept bugging me, wanting to dance or to play pool. At some point I did tell him I was not interested. I just don't want to hurt their feelings but I decided that night that if I'm not interested in someone, I will just tell them as soon as possible. I'm sure men are used to this rejection, especially the ugly kind. Why should I feel bad? Why should I date a man two or three times when I know instantly I'm not attracted to him? The problem is you want to give a man a chance, which is what I normally do. One or two dates and usually that's a good enough time frame.

As well, this man was in his 40s and I was clearly out of his league. I was way too hot. One of the men playing pool said to aim high (not sure what he was referencing), however I think men should learn to aim realistically.

This isn't the first time I have unattractive guys try to date me. I recently went on a couple of dates with one guy who befriended me on facebook (friend of a friend). Definitely not pleasing to the eye. Bad teeth, bad hair. I thought I'd give him a chance. You never know, he might have an amazing personality!

But realistically I want a man who I find attractive physically. I just don't think I should give ugly guys a chance anymore. Maybe I need to aim more realistically and not just them. I deserve a man that's as hot as I am!

I just don't understand why these men honestly think they have a chance? I know of one theory where they ask any girl and one is bound to say yes so it's just a numbers game but I think that's equivalent to spamming. So these men are women spammers.

I would think they would be more successful if they targeted specific women, namely the ugly kind.

I prefer having good looking men hit on me rather then the ugly kind. It doesn't boost my ego so you're not doing me a favour.

No comments: