Sunday, March 14, 2010

An Unaccomplished Genius

Greetings all,

Some of you may not already know or maybe you know and have just forgotten, however, I am I believe a genius. I took the Mensa home prep test last year. Mensa is a society for people with high IQs. To be a true Mensan, you need to have an IQ in the top 2%. To be in the society, they drop it to 4%. I didn't pass and I was crushed but I asked them how close (or how far) was I from passing. I was 1% away, which means my IQ is in the top 5%.

Now this verified what I always felt about myself, that I was a genius. I wanted to take an official IQ test to get my IQ number but I never got around to it. I thought about if I would want to post it on a resume but I didn't think it was appropriate. I googled this topic and one recruiter said it would not be wise since you want to highlight your accomplishments.

When I read that, I was quite offended. I mean, being a genius is an accomplishment in itself! I would think I could handle and figure out many things because of my high intelligence. To just gloss over that being a genius is not an accomplishment is quite foolish!

Anyways, I don't really think I've accomplished much in my life but then maybe I have but don't consider them accomplishments because they are so natural to me, it doesn't seem like much. I'm a good worker and am good at organizing things, catching mistakes, thinking ahead. All of these things though, I just assume everyone can do because I would consider those things all logical things to do.

There's probably more things I do that I'm probably not aware of that makes me accomplished, but because I am more reserved about what I can do, I usually don't think much of it.

Alot of disarray in the world, I could argue is due to stupidity and thoughtlessness and being that I am a genius and insightful, I surely could figure out anything I wanted to if given a chance.

I am beginning a new phase in my life so I would like to have more accomplishments and this shall be my focus for the decade - to be an Accomplished Genius.

No comments: