Saturday, February 06, 2010

Youth Initiatives

Greetings all,

One of the things that some people in my new book group are organizing is some sort of initiatives young anthroposophists can do. We had a meeting a couple of weeks ago and today had another one. Being that I am an introvert, the meeting was from noon to 4.30pm and was way too draining for me. I am one of these people that can't stand being with people where we spend long hours talking. I like talking to some degree but any sort of meeting for more then 2 hours is just too much and it starts making me turn sour. I need my time to think!

As well, I don't really consider myself a young anthroposophist. The group is for those 16-35 and I'm 31. I don't consider myself young anymore. I am not too sure if I'll be able to make much of a contribution to this group and I'm not sure what initiatives we potentially can work on. The thing is, I don't want to invest too much of my time. I don't want this to get in my way for my plans of global domination!

I've always wanted to do something practical with anthroposophy. I am doing my you tube videos on Philosophy of Freedom, so that is something. I'm just not sure if this is the right time for me. I need to focus on my career and as a creative performer. I am slow in getting things done and I don't want to spread myself too thin.

As well I'm in my practical phase of life. I don't want to waste too much time trying to change the world, which is a common impulse youth feel. While I think that impulse has it's place, sometimes I think it's easier to change yourself and that is what I am focusing on since I have had an active kundalini yoga and meditation practice.

I know when I was in my early 20s, I wanted to change the world, shake things up. I think as you grow older, you learn how difficult it is to change things and so you learn to adapt more realistic concepts of what can change and what cannot. So I shun lofty ideals to some degree. (I don't know why I still want global domination though, that is some form of a lofty ideal).

I think that's one thing I've struggled with in my 20s is where does the practical side of Anthroposophy fit into my life. I mean, maybe for my karmic purposes, reading it and discussing ideas is enough for me to get the spiritual nourishment that I need.

Anyways, another thing I am thinking about is that I think people don't get this concept of 3-folding. I think maybe they think we have to overhaul current society to follow it but I think it's much more simpler then people envision it. I think because it requires some creative thinking and finding out ways in which we are not keeping these spheres separate is what needs to be done. I think what makes it challenging is for people's own individual impulses can guide them to help create some sort of change.

As well, I think society does have some sense of this concept on an instinctive level.

For me, I am interested probably in human rights and economic issues. That may be something I will be more inclined to tackle in my late 40s or 50s as I do also want to get married and have children in the next few years

No comments: