Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I do hate Teachers!

Greetings all,

I was having some discussions with a couple of coworkers at lunch and somehow we got onto the topic of teachers. I can tell you that I have a bias against the teaching profession and basically think the majority of them are spoiled brats.

First of all, I have a godfather who used to be a teacher and had a car accident so had to go on disability. I think if he were a teacher of mine, I'd probably like him. I've probably had a few teachers in my life that I liked.

The reason I have a bias against them is multi-fold. First of all, I know some people try and get into that profession out of unpure motives and not because they genuinely want to teach and educate young people. I can think of a couple of former coworkers of mine who I felt should not be teachers. Mind you, they wanted to be teachers and were in school. They weren't at the stage where they could go into teaching so maybe they would realize teaching is not for them. I felt they were a bit irresponsible and I know one coworker was the type to shirk responsibility.

Again, I guess since they weren't real teachers, that does not count.

Another thing I don't like is that they go on strike and complain about that they don't make enough money. Frankly, I don't know what profession in the world gives you summer off, 2 weeks off of Christmas, March break and all the other holidays every one else gets. As well they get sick days. I think probably the initial year or two of teaching is a challenge but once you know what you are doing and how to properly organize your time. As well, they don't have to work a full day, whereas a student for most of their time in high school, does not get a break until I think grade 11 or 12 (I went to a Catholic school where we had Grade 13, I know they got rid of grade 13 a few years later)

The way I see it, if you don't like your job, don't be in it. Stop complaining and spreading your misery around!

The other thing I don't respect about teachers is that well.. they just teach. They don't really know the demands or reality of the work world today. Most of them are only familiar with the world of education because most teachers go to elementary, high school, university and into teaching. The only experience they have with the real world is if they take a summer job while in school. I think I had a computer teacher that had some real world experience. I think it should be mandatory for teachers!

As well, I feel that the education that gets forced upon us, is mostly useless stuff. We never really learn real stuff and stuff that can help us as human beings. I think I like the school system of Waldorf, but I have not experienced it but since I am into Anthroposophy, I like the philosophy behind the school.

As well, I think some teachers just aren't creative and are just dead inside in the sense they don't teach us how to teach ourselves and to get to the root and concept of what we are learning. We never seem to get the big picture of things.

Anyways, I probably have more hatred to spew towards teachers and the system in general. I really wonder if they do any real work in this world because sometimes I just don't think they are doing much. But then, we can't attribute all social grievances on them.

I do like to point that I am aware of my hatred for them and perhaps in time, I will let go of my disgust towards this profession

No comments: