Thursday, February 04, 2010

Is This Evolving?

Greetings all,

I have noticed, thanks to my daily meditation practice, that I just don't get angry or irritated by things as much. But on some level it freaks me out a bit as I wonder if it means that I'm evolving or becoming more passive. I think becoming a passive individual would freak me out too much but I guess it is a good thing to not have things get you riled up all the time.

I guess meditating makes you accept things but I don't think accepting things means you're being passive. I think it's a good thing to accept things because then you can do something constructive or tune it out altogether. But that's why it can become a freaky experience to relax and let go of thoughts and feelings that don't serve you anymore and to accept them, even though they may be painful and ugly.

No comments: