Thursday, January 07, 2010

A Prized Possession

Greetings all,

I thought I'd talk about my favourite possession. This is an object that I bought that makes me happy that I bought it. I was actually quite reluctant to buy it. The reason being is that I don't like to accumulate too much stuff and having things that I don't use. I am definitely an anti-knick-knack person. My philosophy is if I can't use it and enjoy it, I have no use for it and will not buy it!

This object is a drinking glass, that I use strictly for water, since I am a habitual water drinker. This is what it looks like:


Now just to point out, that pill bottle on the left is my Vitamin D pills, I am not on any medication, contrary to public suggestion.

This is a glass that obviously shows my sign - Capricorn. I'm not really into horoscopes, I'm open to the possibility that there may be some truth to them but at my core, I am a skeptic - a skeptic of everything. This glass was something I was skeptical to buy.

I didn't want to be one of those flaky hippy type people who believe in horoscopes and actually own a possession related to horoscopes.

I am not sure exactly why I like this glass. The message on it reads:
Capricorns have a most endearing sense of humour, they have great insight and patience is one of their virtues.

Do I like the message of it? I think I do have insight and a sense of humour, but patience? I mean I know I am not patient. I want what I want when I want it! Maybe patience is a virtue I am being trained to learn by the universe.

The other good thing about this glass was the price. I bought it at the Dollar Store for a dollar. I wasn't sure if I wanted to buy it and make that investment. Yes I know in hind sight, it was only a dollar plus tax but I am one of those people that tends to save and usually if I buy something, I have to think about buying it (unless of course my parents are buying it, then I just think less!)

Now we will take a look at the other side of the glass, which features this lovely goat:


Now again, we see a different pill bottle in the background, but that is just my iron pills which my doctor told me to buy since I am on the low side of the normal range. I am not a drug addict!

The goat is nice and maybe has a bit of me in it. It looks like something you don't mess with as the head is slightly lowered and it is showing its horns. It's not a sissy goat and maybe that is why I like it. It's got some spunk, kinda like me.

Finally the text is in green, Capricorn being white and the goat is outlined in brown so overall I like the look of the glass since I find green to be a soothing colour.

No comments: