Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Thanks Mom...

Greetings all,

Today I told my mom I planned to go to Peru and Brazil in 2010 for a vacation since I never got to go anywhere for vacation, being that I was out of work this year. I've been debating over to go to Peru or Brazil but then I decided I can do both. I really just want to see Manchu Picchu in Peru and then probably spend most of my time in Brazil. I have a major need to travel and explore and 2 weeks in those countries should satisfy my craving for travel.

She told me I want to do too many things. I try to keep active and busy (but within reason). I've mentioned a while ago that I'd like to get involved in a charity but she just complains that I want to do too much.

I'd rather go out and enjoy life then do whatever she does. Like knit or go to church or obsess about food.

Not my cup of tea!

So I asked what should I be focusing on then? And her response was to get married.

Wow, thanks for throwing that in my face. My mother is such a bitch!

Like I enjoy being single at 30! Of course I want to get married and have babies but I'm not going to sit at home and feel sorry for myself and make finding a husband my life's priority.

I've put myself out there and frankly I am taking a break from men. They just aren't worth the effort. I don't think I'll find anyone anyways. I've tried enough and maybe it's not in the cards for me so I might as well be happy and do whatever the fuck I want.

I know she's wanted me to get married, but her stating it should be my focus is just ridiculous!

No comments: