Monday, October 05, 2009

When is it My Turn?

Greetings all,

I've been fairly busy with work and doing things around the city. I had to go to a baby shower yesterday for a relative and there were 5 other women pregnant as well.

I told my mother on the way home that I feel like I'm being left behind. All these people who are my age or younger are getting married and having babies. I wonder when am I going to find the right man and have my own?

It gets frustrating but I can't really do much about it so I am just enjoying life.

I had a potluck with the book group back in Dundas that I used to regularly attended. Someone in the group, their mother didn't get married and start having kids until 40 and someone in my group as well had been married again and had her first kids in her 40s.

I really don't want to be that 'old' to start having kids and finding the right man but do I really have any choice? I can't force things in life and it's not like I'm not going out and trying dating.

Again I keep coming back to this idea of relaxing and enjoying life.

Considering that I like to plan things and be in control, this relaxing stuff and waiting is just bullshit!

1 comment:

karlthebunny said...

get it while you can. after baby, there is not much relaxing.

I'm 43 and Zelda is 39 and we just had out first (and only?) baby.

Something to be said about being 'older' parents.

But there is not much relaxing after baby...

My advice is make sure you have discovered what it is you want to do in life and are doing it before making babies.

and in the mean time, PRACTICE making them as much as you CAN
(that's also something that falls away after baby)