Wednesday, October 07, 2009

The Elder

Greetings all,

My job is pretty boring. Entry level office. I'm glad though, that I have a job because I was out of work for so long. I'm still figuring out what direction I want to go with my life. Being that I am a deep thinker and all, these things tend to take me a while to figure out.

I started my job with 2 other people at the same time. One of them is 26 and quite extroverted and outgoing and warm. The other is 22 and is fresh out of school. The later is a bit annoying but I am making the conscious decision to step back and make fun of the situation.

I find that she has no concept of the work world and she was complaining a bit about how stupid our job is and how a 7 year old could do our work. True, our work is easy but it's a job and it has to be done. I know when I was 22, I didn't like the jobs I had but I didn't complain about them. I mean, I couldn't figure out what to do with my life so really I had no one else to blame.

A funny thing she said the other day was how in school at least she could nap. I think these youngins' just don't get that school only prepares you to some degree about 'the real world' and that to be in school is a luxury.

And sadly doesn't teach you the harsh realities of work. The 9-5 world. The dealing with egos. The dealing with bosses. The dealing with doing repetitive tasks.

I honestly wonder why the hell did she apply to this job?

I guess I am seeing some expectation mentality in her.

Today we were having lunch with a guy who sits in between us. I am starting to crush on him - mainly because he has curly hair and I find curly hair drives me wild. We started to discuss about colds and how going out with wet hair can make you sick. Me and Curly Hair boy both agreed that it doesn't make you sick but the Youngin was insistent on being right and that it compromises your immunity. But really you'd have to be exposed to it for a long time for it to really make you sick and most people aren't outside long enough to make you sick.

I argued though that neither of us are doctors so really none of us can be sure but she seemed rather insistent on her position.

I have read that that is a myth and that most colds can be prevented simply by hand washing. She just couldn't accept that I was right and I was comfortable enough with my self where it didn't bother me.

I think I'll enjoy pushing her buttons because now I am starting to see that instead of getting mad at how annoying she can be, maybe I should push her buttons and laugh at her own youthful foolishness.

The thing though is I see a bit of me in her but I still think I will try and push her buttons. Afterall, it seems fairly easy.

No comments: