Sunday, July 26, 2009

Crazy Neighbors

Greetings all,

I live in a low rise apartment with 4 floors. So there are 6 units each floor with the basement holding possibly 4 units. So that means there are 22 units, one of which resides the super.

For some reason I have what I think is a lot of crazy neighbors in a small building.

Last night one lady who has a son was yelling at around 10 pm-ish about how she was locked out of her apartment and I think she couldn't get the super as maybe they were out but she kept yelling and freaking out for about 10 minutes. I don't know if she is being evicted but it did sound like she was able to get into her apartment. And I wonder if she forgot her key, which means being locked out was her fault and she really shouldn't be yelling like a lunatic.

Two weeks ago there was some yelling going on and I heard someone running through the hall and then went outside. Did they do something wrong to the yeller or were they running in fear because there was some verbal spat going on?

Finally we have what I call the Crazy Cat Lady. One day she kept calling for her cat. She would say 'kitty, kitty'. Now as you all know most cats are rather independent and do not come when you call them unless you are offering food. This woman did this one day for at least 10 minutes and again did the same thing. She has been good lately or maybe she just keeps the cat indoors. Earlier on this month, some couple was moving out and I think the night before she was yelling at them because the next day they were arguing. The guy was trying to stay calm but the Crazy Cat Lady kept spewing nonesense. The man was trying to rationalize with her but when it comes to crazy people, you just leave them alone and do not antagonize them.

One day in June I believe the CCL was yelling about how the door to get in was locked and that it shouldn't be locked at 9pm. The south doors are open during the day to get into the building since we do not have a buzzer but they usually close around 9 or 10 by the super usually. The north doors are locked all the time so you would need a key. All I could think was 'why don't you have your key since this wouldn't be a problem'. I don't know about you but usually if I go out, I lock my apartment and so would need my key.

I did get to see what she looks like earlier this month. All I could hear was her voice and so I built up this image of her in my mind. She had a husky, red neck voice. When I saw the Crazy Cat Lady she was just as I envisioned her: possessing a roughed, worn out and beaten looking face, confused looking with a hint of blue eyeliner and a cigarette in her left hand.

There is an old lady on my floor with a hunchback. I thought she was crazy the first time I encountered her but I think she is just a harmless old lady with bad hearing so I wouldn't put her in the same category as these people.

The funny thing though is I can relate, which I'm sure we all can, to these people freaking out. Normally I try not to let myself get out of control like that but I'm sure it happens to the best of us. You think you are in control and making a statement but when you freak out like that you just look silly and out of control.

I also neglected to mention that we had an incident where someone fell off the roof. I don't know the details but thought what the hell is someone doing on the roof?

No comments: