Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sick of the Economy

Greetings all,

I am still unemployed and am sick to my stomach about my situation. I had a couple of interviews last week but didn't get the job. I had someone call on Monday so if they want an interview, they said they'd call by the end of the week.

I went to talk to an Employment Counsellor and if I want I can try and go back to school for January as part of the Second Career program, which would subsidize my education and living costs. The thing is I still need a job and have no money coming in.

I've applied to some service jobs and haven't heard from anyone yet.

All I want is to find meaningful employment and some money but things are just getting worse and worse. I hope things turn around soon. I am feeling so much despair and anger. It's hard not to take unemployment personally. I'm more then qualified for the jobs I apply to but there is too many of us out there looking for work.

* * *

I found out a few weeks ago that my 'friend' stole my credit card and used it to buy groceries. She is 34 years old and has a 2 year old daughter. She moved back to her family in PEI on July 1 because she was diagnosed with bone cancer. I knew about it then but I didn't call the cops to charge her with theft and I was too upset to confront her about it and deal with the drama of the situation.

I sent her a message the other day and I'm sure she has responded to me by now but I can't bother to read the email. I was disappointed with her and disgusted because I arrived home back in May after visiting her and realized my wallet was missing. She said her daughter probably stole it. Two days later she found some of the contents in her daughter's back pack. The next month I got a statement from my other credit card that I do not use and it was for groceries at the store by her house and on the day my wallet was missing.

I thought it either was her or someone from her daughter's day care who stole my wallet. I thought she was not the type to do something like that and so brought it up and she said she didn't.

I notified the credit card company that I did not make the purchase and eventually I got a copy of the charge and it looked like her hand writing. I got a sample of her hand writing and it matched.

There really is no excuse for this and she knows I was under stress since I didn't hae a job.

I will end up having to look at my inbox at facebook as that's where I sent her the message but depending on her response I will have to contact the police and press charges. I don't think I'd want to be friends with someone like that.

Maybe she was under a lot of stress but you just don't do that kind of stuff to your friends.

1 comment:

karlthebunny said...

Sorry about that.

She'll do that to the next person to come along... shame really

Plenty of good people in the world to hang out with though...