Sunday, July 13, 2008

Water Experiment

Greetings and Salutations,

I did this water experiment as outlined to me by my qigong instructor, Sifu Cheung. I took this workshop back in October 2007 but began the experiment on December 28 2007. This experiment involves taking some cooked white rice and putting some in an empty water bottle and put a little bit of water in it. One we treat in a loving manner and the other we treat with hate or just ignore it.

I would probably talk to each bottle for about 1 to 2 minutes. I did this more often in the beginning of the experiment, like 2-3 times a week. I used the exact same type of water bottles and would give both bottles equal time. For example, I wouldn't just be talking to the love bottle, I would talk to one first and then the other.

I was quite abusive to the hate bottle and ended up smacking it on the bottom (not to the point of damage). I said things such as "you are stupid", "nobody likes you", "you're fucking worthless", "you'll never amount to anything", and various other hateful and hurtful common expressions.

With my love bottle, I would speak gently to it and say things like "I love you", "you're beautiful" and I would even caress it gently.

I hadn't been doing the experiment too much lately but this week I noticed a very obvious change. I was expecting the rice in the hate bottle to turn brown faster then the love bottle but I was quite surprised to see how distorted and bent out of shape the hate bottle had become.

See for yourself and maybe even try it out for yourself. I hope that we all realize as a society that being hateful towards others is harmful and I feel this experiment demonstrates the impact of being hateful and negative.

Beginning of Experiment: Photos taken December 28, 2007

love and hate bottles in my closet
love bottle closeup of rice
love bottle
hate bottle
hate bottle rice closeup

Photos taken: July 12, 2008

Left is hate bottle, right is love bottle

No comments: