Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Yucky

Greetings and Salutations,

I am doing some videos for youtube and am forced to hear the sound of my voice. In my head I don't sound so bad but when I hear myself in reality, it saddens me and repulses me that I could have such an awful voice.

What bothers me the most is when my voice gets too high and it sounds whiny. Going over my tape, I don't think I sound whiny when I speak but sometimes it does.

And I hate looking at myself. Sometimes I think I look alright and other times I think I look weird.

Blah its moments like this where I wish I was someone else and looked and sounded better!

2 comments:

Stephan Scharnberg said...

It is always so bizarre to me how our voice sounds so differnt, even foreign, heard on a video, a tape casette, on a phone message. Often an embarrassemnet! It is difficult to reconcile this with the voice we hear when we talk "live".

Stephan Scharnberg said...

Ooops! A little typo of mine on the word "embarrassment". It is late out here in Vancouver--almost two in the morning, stuck doing an overnight shift at the Group Home. My, I sure am tired. But still gotta go to my elementary school job tomorrow morning. Yawn!