Monday, May 19, 2008

Oy Vey!

Greetings and Salutations,

I'm getting excited about my vacation to England, France and Spain. I haven't really planned anything and I would have done so during this long weekend but I have been super busy, which annoys the crap out of me. I'm going to start preparing tomorrow night.

My roommate is going to England as well for a week 2 days before I leave. She's going to some friend's wedding. I look forward to my vacation, although it will be a little bitter-sweet since I was hoping to meet the English Muffin but I don't think that's going to happen. I never really explained to you my beloved audience what happened between us and I will take a moment to do so.

I was getting frustrated that I hadn't chatted with him for 5 days. Normally we talk a bit more frequently. Not using it as an excuse, but my week was a bit stressful and I was hoping to at least have someone whom I felt would understand some of my stress. Low and behold, I send him a break up email(I referred to him as my potential boyfriend so I wanted to end that). I put some thought into it and wanted to at least stay friends. A couple of days later I realized maybe I was being impulsive so I wanted to at least explain to him on the phone (Skype). He was ignoring me and then I sent an email just explaining myself and still no reply. I was hoping to at least meet up with him for coffee but I haven't heard from him, which saddens and confuses me. However life goes on. I have managed to date one person and so now I am back into this ever so interesting dating process.

I'm going to couchsurf as well. My one friend used the site and had a positive experience. It works similar to ebay in that people do leave feedback so at least you can find out if this person is decent. They have an address verification process as well. I might hostel as well but I want to try out this couchsurfing thing.

My parents gave me some Euro dollars and I'll have to get some Pounds as well this week. I hope I can get myself organized soon. I'm not going to plan everything but need a beginning planned. I'm also wondering if I should rent a car for a few days here and there. I plan to stay in London for a couple of days and Paris as well.

I'm nervous and excited!
* * *

I'm starting to refer to myself now as a Tempermental Artist. I think I'm over this being a nerd and then becoming a Diva while still thinking I'm a nerd. I like this idea of being a Tempermental Artist. I used to dislike the term 'artist'. I heard some young woman refer to herself as that and I thought how stupid and wussy it sounds but the more I thought about it, the more I realized I am an artist. I like to write and think of jokes and funny things. I create therefore I am an artist. And I am a perfectionist in certain parts of my life. In fact I don't think the word perfectionist is accurate. I am a precisionist. I like to be precise about things and when it comes to my art, my comedy, I am a precisionist which is why I can be tempermental and fussy about certain things.

No comments: