Monday, August 28, 2006

Online Dating

Ok I will admit it publicly. I've tried those online dating services before. I tried them a few years ago. I've gone out with a couple of people once or twice. It never works out. I have my profile up on a popular one now. I really don't have high expectations. I'm not even really interested in finding someone now anyways. I'm just addicted to checking my account every day to see if anyone is interested in me and in checking out available hotties. All of the guys I send online smiles to don't respond back and all the guys that like me are guys who I don't find attractive. I would rate them a 5.5 out of 10. Why am I not attracting hotties?

I guess the internet doesn't really capture my mojo.

I like checking out the guys. It's hard to tell if you have a chemistry with someone just by looking at their picture and profile but I really think you can have some sense of whether maybe something could evolve.

Today was interesting though. I was scoping out the guys and I believe I came across the profile of a former boss of mine from a job I had about a year ago. I was at this job for just over a year when I got let go. (not my fault this time!) He was my team leader and he was quite the hottie but also an asshole. He was only about 1-2 years older then me. He was a 'let's go out and get drunk at the pub' kinda guy. Also had very little activities to stimulate himself. His hobbies? Work and beer.

Yeah he's one of those guys.

Anyways, I had this huge crush on him for the longest time. Like a schoolgirl crush. Maybe if he weren't a jerk, I'd ask him out.
I found out one day he had a girlfriend.
And then another day that he hadn't.
Then a week later I would hear he had the same girlfriend.

Yes he was one of those guys who always had this on-again off-again thing with his woman. I hate people like that. I really do. I just hate indecisiveness. Or do I? I'm not really sure. Oh no wait... maybe... ma y b e
I DO.

I understand the doubting yourself when you dump someone. Or wanting them back if you've been dumped, thinking that maybe you two were really meant for each other and he's just afraid of his feelings. I get that but I just don't get people who break up and then get back and do it again and again.

You either like the pussy/cock or you don't.
It's real binary people.

Anyways, I sent an email to this person and asked him if he was my former boss. The profile stated he was a non smoker but I know my former boss smoked. And I know my former boss always secretly had a thing for me so perhaps this will be an opportunity for him to profess his undying love for me, because I know somewhere, there must be someone who has some undying love for me that they are too afraid to profess to me.

1 comment:

karlthebunny said...

I didn't have much luck with the on line dating serve either.

I did meet alot of women, got laid, and had an enjoyable time.

But I didn't meet someone I thought I could be with for the long term.

That being said, I did get married because of on line dating in a round about way.

1. I met a woman who gave me Herpes.

2. I searched out an on Line Herpes support group, herpeshelp.com, and there read a woman's blog about her Herpes experience.

3. We got to talking and met
(got laid again) and eventually asked her to marry me!

so who knows,

Just wear protection!
or not... ;)

Yeah, best to wear protection...