Saturday, April 05, 2014

My Hair

Greetings all,

I started bleaching my hair last year and basically had blonde hair. I realized at the end of last year that I could do more funky things with my hair so I decided to start colouring it a variety of different colours. A couple of months ago I got it coloured pink. I was like Jem, a child hood show that I used to love. And I actually still have my own Jem doll from childhood.

Two weeks ago I coloured it aqua and now the colour is fading so it's looking a bit like a light sky blue. The colour I got is semi permanent colour so it's only supposed to last a few weeks. The day after I coloured my hair aqua, I felt like I was a super hero. And I liked it!

My parents however, do not like it and constantly bitch to me about it. They bitched a lot when I bleached my hair to be blonde and now they complain how they prefer the blonde. My mother admits she likes my blonde better, even though she would bitch when I was blonde, she liked my natural hair colour.

Honestly I do not see what the big deal is. I am allowed to experiment with my hair and I might as well do it now since I am in school. It's just hair but it seems to be this massive topic of conversation in my family. It's like, fuck I have coloured hair. Big deal. Can we talk about partial derivatives or something more interesting?
You don't like my hair, I get it. Now shut up about it. I have to hear about it constantly.

I don't like when my mother perms her hair. She looks like a poodle. But I don't bitch every 5 minutes about it. They need to get lives. They ask me if other students have their hair coloured. Maybe a few but mostly there are Asians in my school and Asians aren't really known for being experimental with their hair. I've seen a few, but the majority of kids at my school are not wild or creative with their hair styles.

I don't get it. I do what I feel like doing. I don't copy people. I do my own thing. I follow the beat of my own drum. You don't like what I do? Okay. Whatever. I'm going to live my life the way I want to.

It's very annoying to have such conservative parents like mine. For most people, it's not a big deal but for them that's all they seem to talk about. Annoying. But I'm not going to change. I'm a free spirit and I change for no one!

No comments: