Saturday, May 04, 2013

Sally

Greetings all,

Who is Sally? Sally is the love of my life. We met over 19 years ago at the Hamilton SPCA and it was love at first sight. We made her part of our family and I have been in love with her every day ever since. She is the cat of my dreams and now that I am back with my parents I am back to my old ways of going on about how beautiful and gorgeous she is.

Now that she is 19 years old, I have noticed a change in her personality. She is super skinny. The vet thinks she has some illness. She weighs 6 pounds and still eats. She seems grumpier now and when I pick her up to give her some love, I can sometimes hear her bones crack.

She has also become the family beggar as my mother has been feeding her their food more often so now she spends a lot of time sitting in the kitchen. She gets tuna, steak, mortadella and sometimes chicken. She is by far the most cutest beggar I have ever seen because she will just sit politely and wait for her food. No meowing, just quiet politeness. We could all learn from her patience and grace.

I've been letting her go outside now since the weather is warmer and because of the sun. She doesn't go very far like she used to and walks around really slowly. She still likes to roll around on the patio so it's nice to see her have a moment of being playful since she seems more grumpy.

Sally also needs her nightly cuddle time with my brother and she lies on top of him every night while he watches tv. I will come home and see them two together. On the one hand it looks sweet, but this is how my brother spends every night of his life and I feel more pity for him if anything. He uses the cat as an excuse but I think Sally could survive if she didn't get her cuddle time.

She also cries a lot in the morning. She might be lonely or hungry but she never used to cry. She cries at like 6 in the morning, waking us all up. At first when I heard her cry in the morning when I first moved back, it worried me but now I just know she does it for some reason unknown to us and it doesn't mean she is in danger.

It's been quite an experience watching my own cat age. She is now a senior and her glory days are behind her. But she's still beautiful to me.

No comments: