Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Bound Lotus

Greetings all,

I started working since last week I think with the Bound Lotus meditation. I've worked with it before but could never really get into it. I still enjoy doing my Sat Kriya and Gan Pattee Kriya but those involve chanting and Bound Lotus basically involves no chanting. I just feel like I want to sit and do nothing. I've done other silent meditation but in Bound Lotus the goal is to wrap yourself in full lotus and have your hands behind your back, grabbing your toes while you bend forward.

It looks like this:


I'm not officially doing a 40 day discipline but I probably should. In the beginning, I felt like it was supporting me and I really enjoy bowing my head. Bowing the head is good for surrendering but also for feeling a sense of humility, which is a quality I feel our society is sorely lacking.

Spirit Voyage did a Global Sadhana a few years ago so you can learn more here

This is a good meditation for Sat Nam Rasayan practitioners such as myself since it helps get us to a state of stillness. Right now I am doing it in half lotus and can just grab my elbows but it's an interesting sensation and maybe it'll help me more in life.

No comments: