Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Project Blonde

Greetings all,

For the past few years I have been wanting be blonde. I never really did much with my hair, namely for 2 reasons. The first being the cost and the second being the regular maintenance of getting your hair done, which basically boils down to cost. I decided this year that my goal will be to get my hair blonde.

Now I have really dark brown hair so I went to my hairdresser and told her that I wanted to look like a natural blonde. I contemplated doing my hair by myself at home but I didn't want to risk it in case I did a bad job at it. My hairdresser had to do foils twice on my head. I went in January and then again in March. I thought the process was strange because she didn't bleach my whole hair because when I got home, I noticed I still had a lot of dark hair left. I don't know what the standard procedure was for making a brunette a blonde, but foils are basically the process of highlighting the hair and this wasn't quite the look I was going for.

So today I decided to go to one of those Hairdressing schools because they offer hair services at a discount because students are working on your hair. I told them what I wanted and I was there for over 3 hours because they were basically sifting through my hair, weaving out the dark hair pieces and highlighting them. I was so bored but the 2 girls working on my hair didn't really talk to me. I am a fan of Tabatha's Salon Takeover and they basically did a terrible job in the Customer Service department because I basically felt ignored and it would have been nice if they made some conversation with me but they seemed more focused on doing the work. That's great and all but part of being a hair dresser is also being able to converse with the client.

At the end, the one girl was taking forever to blow dry my hair and by that point I was starting to get antsy because I didn't have lunch and I just wanted to get out there and eat. The irony is that it was raining outside and I didn't have an umbrella so my hair got a bit wet from the rain.

The other students there seemed like idiots half the time. At one point this girl next to us was gossiping about how she is no longer friends with some people but was cussing about them and saying how she wanted to punch them out. Most of the students also didn't seem very busy. Some had clients but if you didn't have a client, you had a mannequin's head to work on and I saw a lot of them just standing around doing a whole lot of nothing. I wanted to go Tabatha on their asses but I was not impressed with the students. Where was their passion for their job?

I did wonder if I was better off doing my hair by myself because it just seemed like it took forever to finally have my hair light enough where I could pass as a blonde. I do wonder if my hairdresser was doing the job properly.

I do like my hair though and I think it makes my brown eyes pop out more. Now my other goal for this year is to get a motorcycle license so I can drive a scooter.

No comments: