Sunday, November 22, 2009

My Rapper Name

Greetings all,

I went to an event in Toronto called Hip Hop Karaoke on Friday night. It's a little different then regular karaoke because first of all, it focuses on hip hop songs and secondly it is like going to a concert with the singers as the performers.

There was a stage and people would dance in the crowd. There was not too many places to sit. The place was packed and it had the vibe of a concert. It was cool to be there. Also some people from NYC showed up because they do this in New York as well.

I decided that I needed to come up with a rapper name and so I came up with it last Saturday, in my car driving to Hamilton.

My rapper name is MC Cussalot. Because I cuss a lot. Bitch

(that is my tag line as well)

I rapped Maestro Fresh Wes' song Let Your Backbone Slide. I apparently did good and someone was telling me that he heard I 'destroyed' the house. I memorized that song a few years ago but with most rap songs, if you are going to perform them, it certainly helps to know the words.

They have this once a month so I think I would like to go back there again.

2 comments:

Stephan Scharnberg said...

Although I'm not generally a fan of hip-hop nor rap (I do like Jill Scott), I can somewhat appreciate your post and your interest in this derivative of karaoke. It seems to be your thing. As it's live on stage (I've seen it on TV), it is much more interesting and engaging than the traditional Asian variety of karaoke.

And, your rapper name is hilarious ... and fitting, too! Hahaha. And right away, I was playing around with the name, as I noticed it can be read and said in French with two slight changes: "cussalot" rewritten as "cul salot" I read in 1980s Swiss-French street slang (maybe elsewhere in the French-speaking world too, these days--I don't know) as meaning "dirty ass" (cul = ass; salot = slang derivative of sale, which means dirty; cul also jargon for booty on a chick's backside). What a great name you chose! Your funniest post yet! Keep it up.

Paula said...

thank you. I like it as well and so do many others.

I am thinking I want to work on a comedy rap album and I will have to get to work on that soon. I have one song idea.