Sunday, November 29, 2009

How do You Stay Sane?

Greetings all,

I wonder how people in this world stay sane and emotionally centered and calm. I am very disciplined in my spiritual practice, although I don't talk about it to others.

I have done hatha yoga for 8 years, qigong for 3 and now have been doing kundalini yoga for over a year and a half. I also have experience working with sanskrit mantras for 4 years.

I also keep a journal to write down my fears, anger, frustrations, etc.

I often wonder, how does everyone else keep sane?

I think I'd be in a mental institute or massively fucked up if I didn't make use of these calming spiritual tools. This world seems mad for me and I shudder to think how stressed I would be if I didn't have access to this information that is readily available to people.

I'm sure people centre themselves in other ways but I wonder how effective it is in helping them to truly relax.

No comments: