Monday, September 07, 2009

Redirect the Flow

Greetings all,

Because I am interested in spiritual topics, the concept of 'going with the flow' is always brought up. I am currently into kundalini yoga and have done 8 years of regular yoga and 3 years of qigong. I know that it helps to relax, instead of trying to fight and struggle.

But sometimes, I wonder if people misapply this concept of 'going with the flow' because sometimes you can't go with the flow and maybe need to redirect it or put a halt to it.

Sometimes you just have to make a decision in life and make things happen. While I think it's important to realize what you can and cannot control and stay relaxed, sometimes you need to nudge a little, probe a little and push a little.

I understand sometimes life is going to teach us some things so it's just best to 'go with the flow' and learn but life isn't always like that. I think since I am a creative person, I know from experience, I don't just come up with ideas from no where. I put some thought into things and get observations. I am proactive and eventually something comes out of that but it comes out because I put effort into it.

Clearly in life, you need to put effort and other times you don't. I guess it takes wisdom to know when to do what.

No comments: