Saturday, March 14, 2009

New Place

Greetings all,

I finally found myself a new apartment in Toronto. I was getting frustrated because I have been looking for several weeks and wanted to find a place back in February. I kept seeing this image of a house, actually a house an ex of mine lived in so I thought that maybe I should look for a floor in a house to rent but the few that I saw I liked, but didn't like the location.

I'll be moving to the West end of Toronto, in the Parkdale area. I am a 15 minute walk to the lake which I am happy about. I currently am a 15 minute walk from the lake and do go for a walk there every once and a while.

I had one place that I was interested but since I was unemployed, they said I needed a letter from my bank saying that my account was in good standing. I have President's Choice banking and so I spoke to them over the phone (since they have no actual store fronts) and I told them the situation and they said they would try and get it expedited. Well my letter was ready by Thursday and I found out that the place was taken. I figure it probably would have.

The only thing I don't like about my new place is the view. My current view is kick ass, largely due to the fact that I am on the 16th floor and so when I eat, I find it relaxing to look out the window.





My new place is a low rise and I am on the first floor. There is a building next door so really my view is not interesting and also there is no balcony, so I'd have to chill at the front if I wanted to sit outside.

I had found an area that I liked and it was getting frustrating because some of the buildings were either out of my budget, no vacancy and some I found negative reviews about them online.

I saw one place that was in a house and it was a nice space but some old Portuguese woman owned it and lived in it as well and although I thought she was okay, I think it would be weird to live in that situation. She had this tendency to break into Portuguese I think because sometimes I couldn't understand her and I was pretty sure there were times she wasn't speaking English. Plus I'd have to park my car on the street which I wasn't too keen on. Also since I really wanted to live by the lake, I didn't like the location and I really wanted to feel like I am living in Toronto.

I am a little nervous because although I really want to leave, going somewhere new is a little scary since I don't know what to expect and I'm going to be stuck there for a year. I know when I left my parents, I really wanted to leave but also felt like I would miss the safety and of comfort of where I currently was.

I have lots things to get going this year and hopefully things will flow better in my life. I don't think struggling with things is the way to go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Paula!

JGH

Paula said...

Thanks Jerry!