Thursday, October 23, 2008

Yeah for Halloween!

Greetings all,

I bought myself a Halloween costume last night as I have 2 parties to go to. One this Saturday and one next Friday. The Friday one is important because there will be ... firefighters. So I knew I had to get myself a sexy costume so that I can successfully be hunted.

I bought myself my first adult costume. I normally just go as a witch as I have a hat that I bought years ago and wear a cape. I am going as Wonder Woman. I actually need to find myself golden rope or just paint some rope golden as my costume didn't come with it.

* * *

I was on a few dates with this one guy and I had to tell him that I wasn't feeling it and that we should be friends. He was clearly infatuated with me. We hung out a couple of times after I told him we could just be friends. We went a couple of weeks ago and he dropped me off and pulled the 'let me open the door for you from the inside while I sneak a kiss on your neck'. I certainly was not impressed because I made it clear that I was just wanting to stay friends. He was starting to creep me out because he was still interested in me. I am glad he hasn't called because I didn't want to tell him off.

I started thinking about infatuation and I think that it is impossible for a relationship to ever be successful if one person starts out being infatuated. I've had 3 guys be infatuated with me. One for a date. Another for a month and this guy as well.

I think there is a difference between chemistry and infatuation so I look more for chemistry. I find that when you are infatuated with someone, you don't even bother to get to know them because somewhere in your mind, they fit this ideal but there usually is no basis in reality.

When I think of all the guys that were infatuated with me, I do see that they hardly knew me or didn't make an effort to truly know me. They just had this picture of me that I triggered in them and caused them to fall for me.

I think from now on, I'll just not even bother with someone who is infatuated with me because they will never truly bother to get to know me. At least if there is chemistry, there is a chance.

No comments: