Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Get Some Perspective

Greetings all,

My grandmother has been in the hospital for the past few weeks and was in intensive care. I'm not sure what exactly was wrong with her but she seems to be doing better. I was thinking about who showed interest into my grandmother's health and it certainly was not a corporation that came to visit her.

I see lots of people who become so attached to their jobs and put so much false hope into them and end up short changing other aspects of their life. I think many people lack perspective about what role work should play in their lives.

I think it's important to have ambition and to put time into the things that make you happy but sometimes people forget that it's also important to invest in your relationships and friendships.

When you are sick and old, is your job going to come and visit you? I doubt it. Perhaps friends that you made while working there.

I just don't understand people's striving for material goods and for this rat race. I always thought there were more important things in life then just buying stuff.

1 comment:

JGH said...

Hope your grandma's okay, Paula!

JGH