Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Getting back in to Shape

Greetings and Salutations,

I have written back in June 2006 that I starting using kettlebells to work out. I don't know how long I was using them, at least 6-8 months, but I did stop working out with them. I have decided to get back into them about 2 weeks ago.
I was re-examining why I stopped working out with them. I don't know. Maybe I just didn't want to do them and was lazy.
I have gained a bit of weight and I think it was time to do something about it before it gets out of hand. My main area of concern is my abs. What I like about using the kettlebell is that it will work out my whole body so I don't have to obsess about just working out with my abs.
I am going to keep things simple. There are 2 main exercises that are good for overall cardio conditioning and they are the swing and the snatch. The snatch is a bit difficult but I did manage to learn it pretty good when I first started out. I have decided to make the swing my main focus and then add other exercises such as cleans and presses.
There are so many different exercises to do.
I go to the dragondoor forum (which is where I originally learned about kettlebells) and many people seem motivated to get really strong and for their job (as some are cops or firefighters).
I just want to look good in a bikini with some nice flat abs. I don't need to be totally ripped.
I don't like exercising but this kettlebell seems to be the most efficient thing for me to do and I like being efficient.
I have noticed my abs are looking better and so do my legs. I think I should be up to par in about 1-3 months.

I think I would like to take a workshop at some point since I've done my learning from a dvd.

No comments: