Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Another Scientific Observation

Greetings and Salutations,

My Seasonal Affective Disorder has kicked in yet again. I must invest in a light box so that I feel more alive and less sluggish and depressed during this time of year.

I have decided to listen to some hard trance music at work. I have found that it has perked up my spirit while listening to it, whereas when I stop, I slip back into my winter depression. This is yet another observation for science to take a hold of.

I normally do not like the hard core trance music. I usually can sustain listening to the fast thump thump thump sound for about 10 minutes. However today because I am so depressed and miserable, I was able to listen to this music for the whole day and not feel irritable. In fact it has enhanced my mental and emotional state, allowing me to continue on in my day.

No other genre of music was able to do this. Not even my beloved Green Day and Hawksley Workman.

Hard core trance: mood elevator for Seasonal Affective Disorder.

2 comments:

Bernie said...

Are you the only one who can hear the music at work -- or are your co-workers subjected to it?

Paula said...

I just listen to it. I have earplugs and have been listening to this site: http://www.di.fm/