Saturday, June 10, 2006

Temp News

Greetings and salutations,

I have managed to solve my financial dilemna with the temp agency. I don't really want to go too much into it. I ended up having to call the head office and told them that I didn't get paid. The agency is a franchise so the head office at least has some interest in making sure the offices aren't causing too much trouble. I called the head office after speaking with the owner of the agency and again she just didn't seem to really get the concept that I was wronged and that I should get money in some form. I ended up speaking with a staffing consultant after I called the head office and we had agreed that I would get a certificate. Now I never bothered calling the head office again to let them know that we had agreed on a certificate for the mall but I found out on Monday that this staffing consultant was pulled aside for this problem. I spoke to her and she felt like I went behind her back. Unfortunately I never had a problem with her. She has always been nice. I felt like the head office should know about this incident regardless so I didn't bother calling them back. It's unfortunate that she got in trouble because it was really the owner that should have gotten in trouble. I don't know what happened to the owner and if the owner got in trouble.

I am not sure if I should call the head office again and let them know how much trouble the owner was giving me and how I had to send a letter. This staffing consultant shouldn't have gotten flak but I don't know if I should tell the head office. I also should have told the head office that my pay stubs were missing for quite some time and that they violated section 12 of the Employment Act and how the owner said that I was wrong even though I spoke to 2 people from the Ministry of Labour.

I filed a complaint with the Ministry of Labour about the section 12 violation and it will probably take a while.
I was contacted by someone from the Guelph agency and they notified me I was getting a paycheque. So I'll have to pick that up.

Any advice on whether I should complain about the owner to the Head office and possibly send them a letter? I don't know. How many other people is this woman pissing off with her ignorant way of conducting business? I asked the staffing consultant if she liked the owner, her boss and she said yes and that she's really nice. I just don't understand why the owner didn't just offer me a certicate in the first place.

I like the idea that I can get this owner in trouble but it would take some effort, mind you a phone call or two. I'm always getting into trouble and offending others, it would be fun to get someone else in trouble for a change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If the consultant didn't deserve to get into trouble, I would definitely call head office and clear that up. Otherwise, there will be a permanent record in her file.