Saturday, June 17, 2006

Paranoia

I've been having to encounter many different personalities due to a new job that I have. Some people I'm noticing are mildly paranoid. It got me thinking about the nature of people whom are paranoid. It's pretty clear to me that the roots of paranoia is egoism. It's some weird combination of fear and ego mixed together. For a paranoid person, everyone is out to get them or someone is out to make their life difficult. They seem to possess this myopic sense of self. What is so special about you and about information that you possess that would make someone go out of their way to get it? Yes there are some people who actually have valuable access to info and probably need to possess a certain amount of discrimination towards whom they are to open up to. But realistically most people are nobody important. There are billions of people on this planet. What makes you so sure that you are the one being targeted?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were talking about me, weren't you?

Paula said...

Yes! I'll get you my pretty... cackle cackle cackle

:D