Monday, May 22, 2006

This man I know was interested in me going on a date with his son. I don't really like this man to begin with as he's quite paranoid. So if I think he's a loonie toon, why would I want to date his son? He showed me a picture of his son. The son looked quite old for his age. And he's 18. I told this man that I'm not interested in dating an 18 year old. He said his son was mature for his age. 18 year olds are so 2005. If I were to go out with this 18 year old who looks like he's 30, people would think he's the 27 year old and I'm the 18 year old.

I find it disturbing that a father would even attempt to get his son a date. This man asked for my number a long time ago so we could keep in touch but he's old and paranoid and gives me the willies. I thought he had a thing for me so that's why this whole 'date my son' creeps me out. I thought at first maybe he made up this whole idea that he had a son but it appears his son really does exist.

Another thing that disturbs me are arranged marriages. I found out someone I knew is having an arranged marriage in a few weeks. She's Muslim and her father is a priest or whatever the equivalent is for Muslims. I feel incredibly sorry for her. Her father is very strict. She's a nice girl but she has no will of her own. I understand the idea that the parents want what's best and probably 'know' what kind of a person would make a suitable marriage partner. I understand the idea that these people learn to love each other. It's whacked. It's such an archaic concept. I've read in magazine that it worked out for the couples and they were happy. Well many people who've been captured by kidnappers show great love towards their captors eventually and are even reluctant to leave. I don't understand these people. They enjoy having others dictate their life for them. They enjoy being a slave. I don't understand that. It's so beyond me. I consider myself pretty strong willed and I can't imagine having anyone tell me what to do. I'm open to listening to people but in the end it's up to me.

I think a better transition for this community would be that the parents have some sort of contest where suitors vie for their daughter's hand in marriage, like in American Idol. And the parents and their daughter can be judges.

This whole idea just gets me extremely angry. I get angry at religion and angry at these weak willed people who can't stand up for themselves. I get angry that people look to others for approval and can't direct their own lives. I don't like religion because it makes people complacent. I don't like how people just exist and don't have a clue on how to live.

I'm going to have to buy myself a dress for this wedding I have on the 3rd. I need a dress that says I'm classy but I'll put out on the second date. This relative of mine is about 3 or 4 years younger then me and he went to my high school. I wonder if he will invite any of his friends.

2 comments:

karlthebunny said...

I had a friend at work from India.
He "had" to go home to India for two weeks.
I wondered to myself if he was getting married.

He did.
He and his wife met for 15 minutes before the wedding. They agreed to this.
My family has done it the "new" way, and execpt for me, they have all been divorced and remarried.

Who knows who's "right".
We can only know what's right for us.

Which mantra book from your links do you recommend?

Happy karma!

Paula said...

I got several books from Thomas Ashley Farrand. I got Mantra Meditation: Change your karma with the power of sacred sound, Shakti Mantras and True Stories of Spiritual Power. I got several cds, which I think is probably more important then getting his books. I got that 3 cd set (although it can be bought individually), for Health, Healing Relationships and Abundance. I also got the Restoring Dharma and World Peace and the accompaniment to Shakti mantras. Some mantras are found more then once on a program.

I like them all and probably would recommend the shakti mantra cd and the 3 volume set. I think that would be good place to start. Correct pronunciation is important so it's better to start with a cd program.