Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I finished knitting the back of my sweater and it isn't large enough for me. My mother made me use a needle that was 2 mm smaller because she thought it would be okay and she didn't have the right size. Now it turns out I'll have to redo all of my work, which is upsetting for me because these last few days I've done doing lots of work on it because I wanted to spend a month for each part (front,back,2 arms). I guess I'll have fun destroying and unwinding it.

I sent out a letter to this temp agency that I've worked for. I've worked with them for several years. They didn't pay me for a shift back on August 30, 2005. I wasn't able to keep proper track of my hours because they misplaced several of my paystubs. I called them in January once I finally got all my stubs. I called a few weeks later to see if it's been resolved and I find out that the person I spoke to about my wage issue no longer works there. I still continued calling the agency and asking if this was resolved but no one got back to me. A few weeks ago the manager offered me to work at this one place and she would offer me Tim Horton gift certificate to make up for the lost wages. I wasn't interested and I'm certainly not going to accept Tim Horton certificates because I don't even go there often! So I spoke to the Ministry of Labour and this company violated Section 12 of the Employment Standard Act which is that they failed to give me my paystubs on time. I also found out that the government investigates on your behalf if you have a wage problem, for up to 6 months. Well the agency gives me this offer after 6 months and so it's too late for me to take it to the government.
So my letter stated that I'd file a complaint against them for violating Section 12, which will result in a fine and that I would take them to civil court if this issue was not done in a swift and timely manner. I was quite disgusted how they avoided my problem and kept putting it off. I hope that this gets resolved because I don't want to take this to court but I will because that's a day's pay and it's just wrong for someone to work and not get paid for it. I'm also going to let their Head Office know. I'm expecting to hear from them this week so what I'll do next is dependent on how they respond to my letter.
If there's one thing I won't tolerate is people committing a crime like this and being so immoral and wrong. I won't stand for injustices like this. They decided to screw over the wrong person.

I have evidence as well. I wrote in my journal that I was scheduled for 3 days and they cancelled my August 30 shift only to call me on August 30 to work for someone in rework. Normally I was in the printing or moulding departments but that day they had me work for someone else. The company said that I didn't work that day so I told the agency in the letter to speak with this person whom I worked for as she is the one who needs to be held accountable.

I know this sounds kinda lame but I'm going to go 'street' on you all.

These people are gonna go down and anyone that fucking messes with me is gonna go down. You don't mess me with me cause I'll fucking take you down. I've been disrespected and I'm going to put these mother fuckers back in their place.
Let that be a lesson to y'all who fucking think your better then me. You screw me over, I'll never forget. I'll write you off like a tax deductible. You mess with me I'll tear your fucking organs out and feed them to orphans.

So hopefully everything works out okay.

2 comments:

karlthebunny said...

Z and I are having troubles with a corporation.

I exercized my three day cancelation option.

It was accepted and processed.

Some three months later I get a bill.

I called to clarify what it was about.

Seems someone from the local office sent the order in.

Meaning the national won't resolve it. Even though national has it on record that I did indeed cancel and do not owe them anything.

I call, take notes, leave messages.

Still the bills.

I sent a certified letter informing them of the error and to stop harrassing me.

I should have my attorney follow up.

They disconected the service and have sent me a bill for $700.00. They also "refered it to a collectin agency."

I'll fax the local office with a copy of the letter sent to national.

If it doesn't stop after that, I'll fax my lawyer...

Anonymous said...

Sorry to let you in on this but good luck with the labour board. I along with three other co-workers have have a pending claim against a company that started almost two years ago. After getting the run around for a year, and scaring the socks off them, we still haven't heard anything about it. I don't know what they'll do for a days wages, but I'm guessing it isn't even worth the stress, it's only a day's wages. The company I speak of owes it's employes a few thousand. Aren't you glad for having the government steal money every check but when it comes to giving the money owed back, you get fucked?